Tuesday, August 8, 2017

My Top 5 Indoor Play Spaces For Toddlers

My Top 5 Indoor Play Spaces For Toddlers


As Most of you know I am a stay at home mom of a toddler. My son just turned 3 and he has been going to many place spots since he was about 1 year old. These are 5 of my favorite places or should I say 5 of his favorite places because both mom and child should like the place. I find these places great for a few hours of fun and play.  Here is a list. Let's start with my sons all time favorite, Gymboree Play & Learn.

Gymboree

Gymboree play & Music is a place where child ages 0-5 can take classes as well as come and play. There are currently over 700 locations in 40+ countries around the world. Gymboree was designed by experts in play as well as education. What I really like is that these classes can grow with your child and they can go there for many years. My son has been going there on and off since he was about 8 months old. They have 4 types of classes. Play & Learn, Music, Art, as well as their new preschool class. The prices vary by location but in San Francisco it costs $95 a month for Music, Art, as well as Play & Learn and $165 for school skills. All classes are once a week and there are 3 opens play times each week where your little one can come and play which is included in the price.  Your child can come to the preschool (school skills) class up to 5 times a week but $165 is the price for once a week and the price for 5 days is about $565 My son is currently in the preschool class, we drop him off for 2 hours once a week, we sneak it every 30 minutes or so and watch him through the window. I love to see him doing art or learning new things and interacting with the other children. I was with him 24/7 before he started this class so now I get a small 2 hour break once a week which is nice. There are many balls to play with there as well as slides and cars, trains, and puzzles. It is an awesome place.

 
Play Haven 
Next on my list is Play Haven. I really like play haven because there are a few different stations for art. There is a chalk board, a big board for painting, play doh station, another paint station and a station where you can draw or color or add items with glue. There is always a book area, a rock climbing wall, a train table, and an area for babies or smaller kids with toys. They also have free Wi-Fi as well a snack for purchase. You are also able to host birthday parties there. A single visit will cost you $14 and then there are discounts for multi passes or monthly passes as well.  There is also a nursing room an outdoor space with a play house. My son loves painting there and doing many different things. 





Peek-A-Boo Factory

Next on my list is Peek-A-Boo Factory. Peek-A-Boo Factory is located in the West Portal area of San Francisco.  There are a few different areas there, one for babies and a big area with slides then you can climb through. There are also party rooms you can rent out and an area with tables are chairs so you can eat and bring food or lunch. I like that this place gives both you and your child an invisible hand stamp so they know that you guys are together. My son really loves the colorful slides here and he loves to go down them, sometimes he even asks me to join him. You will not be disappointed if you choose to come here. Peek-A-Boo is $10 per child.
 
My Gym

Next on my list is My Gym. My Gym is another place that is similar to Gymboree. They offer classes as well as free play but you can only attend the free play time if you are a member. They are a little different than Gymboree because they have hooks in the ceiling where they hang swings and other things during class. They also have a trampoline and a ball pit which is pretty neat and lots of fun for the kids. My Gym is $92 a month in San Carlos, CA but they do have many other locations.


 

 La Petite Playhouse

The last spot on my list is La Petite Playhouse located in Redwood City, California. My son loves this place too. There are slides, a soccer court, a basketball court, and a play kitchen as well as a climbing area. I really like this place and how they have very soft soccer and basketballs. I also love the big slides that are similar to the slides over at Peek-A-Boo. It is an awesome place. It costs $10 per visit and socks are required. They also have pajama play for $6 the last hour of the day. This is also a great place for your little ones to explore and play.



Here are the websites if you would like to check out any of these places. This list is honest and 100% my own opinion.

My Gym
Play Haven
Gymboree
La Petite Playhouse
Peek_A-Boo Factory

1 comment: